Home > All Posts > Sort by Topic
Topic #1616

Hey Everyone

By Eric Botticelli | "Eric Botticelli" <eric9897@...> | eric9897
October 31, 2004 | Post #1616 | Topic #1616

If you aren't planning on voting, or know anyone who isn't planning on voting this November 2nd, please visit this site I have just compiled: http://www.freespeeches.net/pages/F911.html On that page, there's a selection of clips from Michael Moore's documentary 9/11. He brings up many important issues in that film. I also discovered subliminal advertising in a US Army ad, which I illustrate there. This election pertains to some serious shit... make sure you encourage everyone you know to go out to the polls and not to leave until their vote is recorded. I encourage you to foward that link to your family and friends too... especially if they've said they won't vote. Thank you. -Eric Botticelli http://freespeeches.net [View]



Re: [videoblogging] Hey Everyone

By Andreas Haugstrup | "Andreas Haugstrup" <videoblog@...> | andreashaugstrup
October 31, 2004 | Post #1617 | Topic #1616

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:03:11 -0000, Eric Botticelli <eric9897@...> wrote: > On that page, there's a selection of clips from Michael Moore's > documentary 9/11. He brings up many important issues in that film. I > also discovered subliminal advertising in a US Army ad, which I > illustrate there. I would like t stop this in it's tracks before it gets going. This isn't a political forum so keep the political discussions away, please. It's possible to add comments to Eric's videos at <URL:http://www.freespeeches.net/wp/index.php/index.php?p=28&gt; - Andreas (who is not staying up all night to hear exit polls even though Danish tv for the first time has live tv coverage of the election in another country) -- <URL:http://www.solitude.dk/&gt; Commentary on media, communication, culture and technology. [View]



Re: Hey Everyone

By Eric Botticelli | "Eric Botticelli" <eric9897@...> | eric9897
November 1, 2004 | Post #1619 | Topic #1616

> I would like t stop this in it's tracks before it gets going. Sure, no problem... I didn't know you guys didn't like to hear about video sources I find worthwhile... Won't do it again. -Eric [View]



Re: [videoblogging] Re: Hey Everyone

By Andreas Haugstrup | "Andreas Haugstrup" <videoblog@...> | andreashaugstrup
November 1, 2004 | Post #1621 | Topic #1616

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 22:48:19 -0000, Eric Botticelli <eric9897@...> wrote: >> I would like t stop this in it's tracks before it gets going. > > Sure, no problem... I didn't know you guys didn't like to hear about > video sources I find worthwhile... Won't do it again. Wow, hey, wait. Don't stop! I just wouldn't like for this group to turn into a political arena. Any video, especially those that a member of the list finds worthwhile, are certainly very much appreciated. I thought your post was fine, but it had a potential to turn into a political bash-fest if people started to take up a political discussion here on the list. It's that discussion I wouldn't like here. Please keep posting updates about what you're doing with video. But remember that this is a list about using video online, not about who your favourite candidate is (I'm European, you can deduct a lot about my political stance from that). With that said I don't speak with any official capacity. I'm just a regular member of the list like you. - Andreas -- <URL:http://www.solitude.dk/&gt; Commentary on media, communication, culture and technology. [View]



Re: Hey Everyone

By Eric Botticelli | "Eric Botticelli" <eric9897@...> | eric9897
November 1, 2004 | Post #1622 | Topic #1616

> I thought your post was fine, but it had a potential to turn into a > political bash-fest if people started to take up a political discussion here on the list. It's that discussion I wouldn't like here. Oh ok, I'm new here... I just thought it was important that people see what F911 implies about Mr. Bush and his administration before they go vote for him. The political discussion can be done on my site... I have a commenting feature for that. I'm guessing I shouldn't have brought up here the aspect of these videos' imminent political import? Is that what triggered you? [View]



Re: [videoblogging] Re: Hey Everyone

By Andreas Haugstrup | "Andreas Haugstrup" <videoblog@...> | andreashaugstrup
November 1, 2004 | Post #1623 | Topic #1616

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 23:18:08 -0000, Eric Botticelli <eric9897@...> wrote: > I'm guessing I shouldn't have brought up here the aspect of these > videos' imminent political import? Is that what triggered you? Your e-mail didn't trigger med per se. It was as neutral as you can get for something like that. It was the possible consequences I didn't like. If someone decided they didn't like your blog-entry they could also decide to take the discussion to the list instead of e-mailing you privately or leaving a comment on your website. I've seen how discussions like that can go pretty crazy pretty fast. I just didn't want that discussion to happen on this list, that's all. My reply to you wasn't aimed at you, but at those who wanted to comment on your political views. They should comment off the list. Of course neither you, me or anyone else should see that as a carte blanche to blast political propaganda all over the list. :o) It doesn't matter anyway. The election will all be over in just over 24 hours anyway (no, I'm not staying up all night to watch the polls). - Andreas -- <URL:http://www.solitude.dk/&gt; Commentary on media, communication, culture and technology. [View]



[videoblogging] Re: Hey Everyone

By M. Sean Gilligan | "M. Sean Gilligan" <seanlist@...> | M_Sean_Gilligan
November 1, 2004 | Post #1624 | Topic #1616

> > I thought your post was fine, but it had a potential to turn into a >> political bash-fest if people started to take up a political >discussion here on the list. It's that discussion I wouldn't like here. > >Oh ok, I'm new here... >I just thought it was important that people see what F911 implies >about Mr. Bush and his administration before they go vote for him. >The political discussion can be done on my site... I have a commenting >feature for that. >I'm guessing I shouldn't have brought up here the aspect of these >videos' imminent political import? Is that what triggered you? It triggered me a little bit. I think your site is fantastic and am fascinated by the way video is being used in politics this election season, and think some discussion or linking to these videos *may* be appropriate on this list. But your post makes it fairly obvious who you think we should vote for and talks about watching the video and going out to vote. I'd say it crosses the "fine" line. I think links to political videos should can be accompanied by "look at this interesting use of video, I haven't seen this done before". But not "you should see this video, after seeing what it says about candidate X, you should go out and vote and get all your friends to vote, too." We've got a really good thing... [View]



Re: [videoblogging] Re: Hey Everyone

By Shannon Noble | Shannon Noble <sn@...> | sh7nnon
November 1, 2004 | Post #1625 | Topic #1616

You're right Andreas. I'm not going to talk about how George W. Bush is the most evil demon next to Karl Rove and Dick Cheney at the moment. I'll save it for videoblogging.empire Seriously though....I can understand the need to depoliticize the situation but that's utterly naive. If a ships sinking this badly you don't close the portals just to keep the water out. You're screwed no matter what your view is. .s On 11/1/04 3:30 PM, "Andreas Haugstrup" <videoblog@...> wrote: > > On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 23:18:08 -0000, Eric Botticelli <eric9897@...> > wrote: > >> I'm guessing I shouldn't have brought up here the aspect of these >> videos' imminent political import? Is that what triggered you? > > Your e-mail didn't trigger med per se. It was as neutral as you can get > for something like that. It was the possible consequences I didn't like. > If someone decided they didn't like your blog-entry they could also decide > to take the discussion to the list instead of e-mailing you privately or > leaving a comment on your website. I've seen how discussions like that can > go pretty crazy pretty fast. I just didn't want that discussion to happen > on this list, that's all. > > My reply to you wasn't aimed at you, but at those who wanted to comment on > your political views. They should comment off the list. Of course... [View]



Re: [videoblogging] Re: Hey Everyone

By Rick Rey | "Rick Rey" <rick@...> | vivarey
November 1, 2004 | Post #1626 | Topic #1616

> We've got a really good thing going here, so we want to be really careful > about involving politics. It will be interesting to see what happens to all the political blogs after the election frenzy has subsided. -- Rick Rey rick@... -- RickRey.com - http://www.rickrey.com Rey Online Web Design - http://www.reyonline.com [View]



Re: Camera

By Shannon Noble | Shannon Noble <sn@...> | sh7nnon
November 9, 2004 | Post #1695 | Topic #1616

I am using the little Fisher/Sanyo "tapeless" camera for all of my video blogging needs. I shoot at 320x240 though it will shoot at 640x480. The 512kb card will hold an hour of material at 320x240. It will also shoot stills on the fly while shooting video, with a still pause showing up in the video. It shoots MP4. I love this camera. Its very portable and unobtrusive. When I'm shooting in a crowd or individual people they are far less likely to be uncomfortable then if I use my Sony mini-DV (3 chip TRV-900). Down side on this camera is the cost, $800. If I'm looking for top notch video quality for something other then web stuff I wouldn't use it. Same goes for the audio. Overall I'm very pleased with it and I take it everywhere and keep it in my pocket. I can keep it in my pocket in "standby" mode without really draining the battery. Battery holds a good charge. Etc. [View]



Re: [videoblogging] Re: Camera

By Ryan Shaw | Ryan Shaw <ryanshaw@...> | ryan_b_shaw
November 9, 2004 | Post #1699 | Topic #1616

Shannon Noble wrote: > I am using the little Fisher/Sanyo "tapeless" camera for all of my video > blogging needs. I shoot at 320x240 though it will shoot at 640x480. The > 512kb card will hold an hour of material at 320x240. It will also shoot > stills on the fly while shooting video, with a still pause showing up in the > video. It shoots MP4. I love this camera. Its very portable and unobtrusive. > When I'm shooting in a crowd or individual people they are far less likely > to be uncomfortable then if I use my Sony mini-DV (3 chip TRV-900). Down > side on this camera is the cost, $800. If I'm looking for top notch video > quality for something other then web stuff I wouldn't use it. Same goes for > the audio. Overall I'm very pleased with it and I take it everywhere and > keep it in my pocket. I can keep it in my pocket in "standby" mode without > really draining the battery. Battery holds a good charge. Etc. Any problems with editing MP4? I've heard complaints that it is hard to edit since not every frame is a keyframe. Ryan [View]