Home > All Posts > Sort by Topic
Topic #17940

Categories

By Jack Nelson | "Jack Nelson" <jack@...> | mexiculture
July 22, 2005 | Post #17940 | Topic #17940

Hi, I'm still pretty new to all of this, so here's a beginner's question: A day or two ago someone mentioned having categories in his/her blog (sorry, I wasn't keeping notes). I use Blogger to post my entries and I don't see categories anywhere on the Blogger pages. Am I missing something or is this a feature that only more sophisticated blogging software has? Right now I have two blogs, one for clips and odd stuff and one that is about my experiences here in Mexico (DroppedFrames.blogspot.com and AGringoInMexico.blogspot.com), I gather that I'm splitting up my "audience" by not having just one blog with categories. Now, I'm lean towards the Michael Verdi "I don't give a fuck if you watch or not" school, but still I'd like to know if there is an easy way to add categories to my blog. By the way Michael, the Yin/Yang videos are classics. Jack [View]



Re: [videoblogging] Categories

By Markus Sandy | Markus Sandy <markus@...> | apperceive
July 22, 2005 | Post #17942 | Topic #17940

hi, as far as I know, there is no support for categories in blogger typepad has it not sure what others do there was a posting of a blog feature comparison chart recently that might help if you want to search for it Jack Nelson wrote: > use Blogger to post my entries and I don't see categories anywhere on >the Blogger pages. Am I missing something or is this a feature that only more >sophisticated blogging software has? > -- My name is Markus Sandy and I am app.etitio.us http://apperceptions.org http://spinflow.org http://spinsummer2005.blogspot.com http://spinsummer2005meetup.blogspot.com http://vloggercuewest.blogspot.com aim/ichat: markus.sandy@... msn: msandy@... skype: msandy [View]



Re: [videoblogging] Categories

By Michael Verdi | Michael Verdi <michael@...> | filmguy1105
July 22, 2005 | Post #17943 | Topic #17940

On Jul 22, 2005, at 11:38 AM, Jack Nelson wrote: > Am I missing something or is this a feature that only more > sophisticated blogging software has? Right now I have two blogs, > one for clips and odd > stuff and one that is about my experiences here in Mexico > (DroppedFrames.blogspot.com > and AGringoInMexico.blogspot.com), Hey Jack, You're not missing anything - Blogger doesn't have categories. As far as having two blogs you can always cross post some stuff - tell one group of viewers about the other. Put links to the other blog and it's feed on each blog. If you want categories though, you'll have to get off blogger and spend a few dollars. I lot of videobloggers use WordPress, TypePad and Moveable Type. Check into those. -Verdi [View]



Re: [videoblogging] Categories

By Jack Nelson | Jack Nelson <jack@...> | mexiculture
July 22, 2005 | Post #17944 | Topic #17940

OK, Thanks Michael. I've put links from blog to blog and I'm not gonna switch from Blogger for now at least; a combination of being cheap, lazy and not giving a damn. Jack On Jul 22, 2005, at 11:48 AM, Michael Verdi wrote: > On Jul 22, 2005, at 11:38 AM, Jack Nelson wrote: > >> Am I missing something or is this a feature that only more >> sophisticated blogging software has? Right now I have two blogs, >> one for clips and odd >> stuff and one that is about my experiences here in Mexico >> (DroppedFrames.blogspot.com >> and AGringoInMexico.blogspot.com), > > Hey Jack, > You're not missing anything - Blogger doesn't have categories. As > far as having two blogs you can always cross post some stuff - tell > one group of viewers about the other. Put links to the other blog > and it's feed on each blog. If you want categories though, you'll > have to get off blogger and spend a few dollars. I lot of > videobloggers use WordPress, TypePad and Moveable Type. Check into > those. > -Verdi [View]



Re: [videoblogging] Categories

By Jack Nelson | Jack Nelson <jack@...> | mexiculture
July 22, 2005 | Post #17946 | Topic #17940

On Jul 22, 2005, at 11:45 AM, Markus Sandy wrote: > hi, > as far as I know, there is no support for categories in blogger > typepad has it > not sure what others do > there was a posting of a blog feature comparison chart recently that > might help if you want to search for it OK, thanks Marcus. I'll stick with Blogger for now... [View]



Re: Categories

By pomoartchick | "pomoartchick" <annewalk@...> | pomoartchick
July 22, 2005 | Post #17947 | Topic #17940

you might try going to bloggerforum.com and checking the archives. i believe that many there have made revisions to the templates to creat categories. lots of other great ideas and tips too. anne http://8bitme.blogspot.com http://nopractice.blogspot.com --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Markus Sandy <markus@a...> wrote: > hi, > as far as I know, there is no support for categories in blogger > typepad has it > not sure what others do > there was a posting of a blog feature comparison chart recently that > might help if you want to search for it > > Jack Nelson wrote: > > > use Blogger to post my entries and I don't see categories anywhere on > >the Blogger pages. Am I missing something or is this a feature that only more > >sophisticated blogging software has? > > > > > -- > > My name is Markus Sandy and I am app.etitio.us > http://apperceptions.org > http://spinflow.org > http://spinsummer2005.blogspot.com > http://spinsummer2005meetup.blogspot.com > http://vloggercuewest.blogspot.com > aim/ichat: markus.sandy@m... > msn: msandy@a... > skype: msandy [View]



Re: Categories

By Jack Olmted | "Jack Olmted" <j_olmsted@...> | j_olmsted
July 22, 2005 | Post #17948 | Topic #17940

MSN Spaces has categories. It is the only free blog service that allows for publishing video from cell phones. You can check out my Spaces Blog at: http://spaces.msn.com/members/ndr/ This weekend I'll be publishing video clips to my Spaces blog directly from the foot paths of Seattle Center as part of my Bite of Seattle coverage. After the festival, I'll publish video on google and youtube.com and link to them on several of my blogs. --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Michael Verdi <michael@m...> wrote: > On Jul 22, 2005, at 11:38 AM, Jack Nelson wrote: > > > Am I missing something or is this a feature that only more > > sophisticated blogging software has? Right now I have two blogs, > > one for clips and odd > > stuff and one that is about my experiences here in Mexico > > (DroppedFrames.blogspot.com > > and AGringoInMexico.blogspot.com), > > Hey Jack, > You're not missing anything - Blogger doesn't have categories. As > far as having two blogs you can always cross post some stuff - tell > one group of viewers about the other. Put links to the other blog > and it's feed on each blog. If you want categories though, you'll > have to get off blogger and spend a few dollars. I lot of > videobloggers use WordPress, TypePad and Moveable Type. Check into > those. > -Verdi [View]



Re: Categories

By Eric Rice | "Eric Rice" <eric@...> | ericrice
July 23, 2005 | Post #18001 | Topic #17940

Blogware supports categories and each has its own RSS feed which you can run through feedburner. You can also choose not to have a category bubble up to the main page. Blogware is available only through resellers (such as blogharbor.com), and in my opinion is the best, most feature-rich. That's why I use them for audioblog.com's blog, my wife's company, my podcast, vlog, and blog and any other properties like KSSX or podcastRoadshow. I also accepted them as a sponsor. I stand behind Tucow's product. ER --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Michael Verdi <michael@m...> wrote: > On Jul 22, 2005, at 11:38 AM, Jack Nelson wrote: > > > Am I missing something or is this a feature that only more > > sophisticated blogging software has? Right now I have two blogs, > > one for clips and odd > > stuff and one that is about my experiences here in Mexico > > (DroppedFrames.blogspot.com > > and AGringoInMexico.blogspot.com), > > Hey Jack, > You're not missing anything - Blogger doesn't have categories. As > far as having two blogs you can always cross post some stuff - tell > one group of viewers about the other. Put links to the other blog > and it's feed on each blog. If you want categories though, you'll > have to get off blogger and spend a few dollars. I lot of > videobloggers use WordPress, TypePad and Moveable Type. Check into >... [View]