Home > All Posts > Sort by Topic
Topic #22261

Re: [videoblogging] Feedburner Counter Oddness

By Tim | Tim <nature.mystic@...> | naturemysticfilms
September 12, 2005 | Post #22261 | Topic #22261

Hello folks, I set a feedburner counter on my vlog and it seemed to work ok. Over a period of a couple of days it went up to 4. Now though it seems to have reverted to zero and cat figure out why. Has anyone else had this happen ? Thanks Tim http://www.naturemysticfilms.blogspot.com [View]



Re: [videoblogging] Feedburner Counter Oddness

By Randy Mann | "Randy Mann" <poolgod334@...> | poolgod334
September 12, 2005 | Post #22262 | Topic #22261

mine dont like to go over 10 its been stuck at 7 for months now, boy i would like to know who the 7 are. randy >From: Tim <nature.mystic@...> >Reply-To: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com >To: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com >Subject: Re: [videoblogging] Feedburner Counter Oddness >Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:10:41 +0100 > >Hello folks, I set a feedburner counter on my vlog and it seemed to work >ok. Over a period of a couple of days it went up to 4. Now though it >seems to have reverted to zero and cat figure out why. Has anyone else >had this happen ? > >Thanks >Tim > >http://www.naturemysticfilms.blogspot.com [View]



Re: Feedburner Counter Oddness

By straydogma | "straydogma" <bill@...> | straydogma
September 12, 2005 | Post #22264 | Topic #22261

Mine was saying 0 this morning too. So I looked over at the Feedburner Blog and theirs was also saying 0. So I figured that they must be having server problems or something since theirs usually says 5 billion or something. But now a few hours latter it seems to be back to normal. Mine says 119 now. Bill lofistl.com --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Tim <nature.mystic@v...> wrote: > Hello folks, I set a feedburner counter on my vlog and it seemed to work > ok. Over a period of a couple of days it went up to 4. Now though it > seems to have reverted to zero and cat figure out why. Has anyone else > had this happen ? > > Thanks > Tim > > http://www.naturemysticfilms.blogspot.com [View]



Re: Feedburner Counter Oddness

By naturemysticfilms | "naturemysticfilms" <nature.mystic@...> | naturemysticfilms
September 12, 2005 | Post #22265 | Topic #22261

Thanks folks, yes it's all back to normal now, thought the prob was just mine, counter's even gone up to 5 ! :-) > Mine was saying 0 this morning too. So I looked over at the > Feedburner Blog and theirs was also saying 0. So I figured that they > must be having server problems or something since theirs usually > says 5 billion or something. But now a few hours latter it seems to > be back to normal. Mine says 119 now. > > Bill > lofistl.com > [View]



Re: [videoblogging] Feedburner Counter Oddness

By Markus Sandy | Markus Sandy <markus@...> | apperceive
September 12, 2005 | Post #22270 | Topic #22261

--------------040202060907040807030706 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm probably two of them, Randy (I subscribe in both FireAnt and Thunderbird) the reason the numbers go up and down is because not everyone is online every day to "pull your feed" so some days you may get 7 and some days you may get 4 (or whatever) usually it varies in some small range markus P.S. i think you've been doing interesting things on your vlog lately Randy Mann wrote: >mine dont like to go over 10 its been stuck at 7 for months now, boy i would >like to know who the 7 are. > >randy > > > > >>From: Tim <nature.mystic@...> >>Reply-To: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com >>To: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com >>Subject: Re: [videoblogging] Feedburner Counter Oddness >>Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:10:41 +0100 >> >>Hello folks, I set a feedburner counter on my vlog and it seemed to work >>ok. Over a period of a couple of days it went up to 4. Now though it >>seems to have reverted to zero and cat figure out why. Has anyone else >>had this happen ? >> >>Thanks >>Tim >> >>http://www.naturemysticfilms.blogspot.com >> >> > > > > > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > >. > > > -- My name is Markus Sandy and I am app.etitio.us http://apperceptions.org http://digitaldojo.blogspot.com http://spinflow.org http://wearethemedia.com http://www.corante.com/events/feedfest/ aim/ichat: markus.sandy@... msn: msandy@... skype: msandy spin: markus@... --------------040202060907040807030706 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!DOCTYPE html... [View]



Re: Feedburner Counter Oddness

By naturemysticfilms | "naturemysticfilms" <nature.mystic@...> | naturemysticfilms
September 12, 2005 | Post #22274 | Topic #22261

> I'm probably two of them, Randy (I subscribe in both FireAnt and > Thunderbird) > > the reason the numbers go up and down is because not everyone is online > every day to "pull your feed" > > so some days you may get 7 and some days you may get 4 (or whatever) > > usually it varies in some small range ah right thanks, interesting. I am new to this feed lark and want to understand it > > markus > > P.S. i think you've been doing interesting things on your vlog lately thanks very much for the nice feedback, I have lots more to come, just need the time to get them up there. I am still working my way round everyone elses vlogs and reading as much of this group stuff as possible. I guess its just going to get huge soon. Tim [View]



Re: Feedburner Counter Oddness

By LeanBackVids.com | "LeanBackVids.com" <leanbackvids@...> | leanbackvids
September 12, 2005 | Post #22277 | Topic #22261

You can also access stats using the FeedBurner Awareness API. Check out a beta project I just launched... http://www.vlogmap.org/feedburner/ -Matt -------------------------------------- http://www.leanbackvids.com/videoblog/ http://www.vlogmap.org/blog/ --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "naturemysticfilms" <nature.mystic@v...> wrote: > ah right thanks, interesting. I am new to this feed lark and want to > understand it [View]



Re: [videoblogging] Re: Feedburner Counter Oddness

By Devlon | Devlon <duthied@...> | duthied2004
September 12, 2005 | Post #22279 | Topic #22261

------=_Part_5487_6316614.1126550031405 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Disposition: inline [ Attachment content not displayed ] ------=_Part_5487_6316614.1126550031405 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Disposition: inline [ Attachment content not displayed ] ------=_Part_5487_6316614.1126550031405-- [View]



Re: [videoblogging] Re: Feedburner Counter Oddness

By Josh Leo | Josh Leo <joshleo@...> | thoreauberon
September 12, 2005 | Post #22281 | Topic #22261

------=_Part_11611_21731633.1126552072856 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Disposition: inline [ Attachment content not displayed ] ------=_Part_11611_21731633.1126552072856 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Disposition: inline [ Attachment content not displayed ] ------=_Part_11611_21731633.1126552072856-- [View]



Re: [videoblogging] Re: Feedburner Counter Oddness

By Markus Sandy | Markus Sandy <markus@...> | apperceive
September 12, 2005 | Post #22283 | Topic #22261

--------------020902070208020100060009 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit hopefully it won't discourage personally, i find it encouraging just to see everyone cranking so hard and i do think this is definitely a very cool report matt Josh Leo wrote: > kinda cool, but not very encouraging to people who are starting off, > who cares who has the most subscribers. that is no guage of who is > creating good content. This all goes back to my first rant about > popularity and about how feedreaders piss me off. this is not a > popularity contest so lets stop focusing on who is getting the most > subscribers! > > > On 9/12/05, *Devlon* <duthied@... <mailto:duthied@...>> > wrote: > > This is very, very cool Matt. > > Thanks. > > On 9/12/05, *LeanBackVids.com* < leanbackvids@... > <mailto:leanbackvids@...>> wrote: > > You can also access stats using the FeedBurner Awareness API. > Check > out a beta project I just launched... > > http://www.vlogmap.org/feedburner/ > -- My name is Markus Sandy and I am app.etitio.us http://apperceptions.org http://digitaldojo.blogspot.com http://spinflow.org http://wearethemedia.com http://www.corante.com/events/feedfest/ aim/ichat: markus.sandy@... msn: msandy@... skype: msandy spin: markus@... --------------020902070208020100060009 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"> </head> <body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000"> hopefully it won't discourage<br> personally, i find it encouraging just to see everyone cranking so hard<br> and i do think this is definitely a very cool report matt<br> <br> <br> Josh... [View]



Re: [videoblogging] Re: Feedburner Counter Oddness

By Devlon | Devlon <duthied@...> | duthied2004
September 12, 2005 | Post #22284 | Topic #22261

------=_Part_5709_6701163.1126553017504 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Disposition: inline [ Attachment content not displayed ] ------=_Part_5709_6701163.1126553017504 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Disposition: inline [ Attachment content not displayed ] ------=_Part_5709_6701163.1126553017504-- [View]



Re: Feedburner Counter Oddness

By LeanBackVids.com | "LeanBackVids.com" <leanbackvids@...> | leanbackvids
September 12, 2005 | Post #22285 | Topic #22261

Not very encouraging? I found this to be an obvious display of possiblity, which is encouraging to me. 230 readers is the top? Think of all the potential viewers out there and 230 becomes very small. Pick any niche market and there are probably more than 230 people who are online with the same interest. On a bigger note, this data displays deviations in readership. We all see the ups and downs in our own stats and it is nice to relate that to others. However, I too have felt hurt by numbers. Either way, it is just data... public data at that. And I hope there are more people who find it interesting than who find it discouraging. This was originally built on a "hidden" page where only I could consume the data, but I realized that this data is no secret. Personally more important was the fact that it was a fun learning process to build a system that reads and organizes the data. Not to mention finding a PHP graphing program (jpgraph). -Matt -------------------------------------- http://www.leanbackvids.com/videoblog/ http://www.vlogmap.org/blog/ --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Josh Leo <joshleo@g...> wrote: > kinda cool, but not very encouraging to people who are starting off, who > cares who has the most subscribers. that is no guage of who is creating good > content. This all goes back to my first rant about popularity and about how > feedreaders piss me off. this is not a... [View]



Re: [videoblogging] Re: Feedburner Counter Oddness

By Josh Leo | Josh Leo <joshleo@...> | thoreauberon
September 12, 2005 | Post #22286 | Topic #22261

------=_Part_11824_2156507.1126554710226 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Disposition: inline [ Attachment content not displayed ] ------=_Part_11824_2156507.1126554710226 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Disposition: inline [ Attachment content not displayed ] ------=_Part_11824_2156507.1126554710226-- [View]



Re: [videoblogging] Re: Feedburner Counter Oddness

By Adam Quirk | Adam Quirk <bullemhead@...> | cassiusbullemhead
September 12, 2005 | Post #22303 | Topic #22261

------=_Part_1953_14011474.1126564133027 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Disposition: inline [ Attachment content not displayed ] ------=_Part_1953_14011474.1126564133027 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Disposition: inline [ Attachment content not displayed ] ------=_Part_1953_14011474.1126564133027-- [View]



Re: Feedburner Counter Oddness

By Jack Nelson | "Jack Nelson" <jack@...> | mexiculture
September 12, 2005 | Post #22312 | Topic #22261

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "LeanBackVids.com" <leanbackvids@g...> wrote: > You can also access stats using the FeedBurner Awareness API. Check > out a beta project I just launched... > > http://www.vlogmap.org/feedburner/ This very cool. I'm wondering why one of my blogs shows up and another (the one that has way more subscribers according to Feedburner) does't. Shows up: droppedframes.blogspot.com circulation of 27 as of Monday 10:06 CDT Doesn't show: agringoinmexico.blogspot.com should show a circ of about 51 I'm not obsessing about rank, really I'm not (he says nervously), I'm just wondering if I have something set wrong Jack [View]



Re: Feedburner Counter Oddness

By LeanBackVids.com | "LeanBackVids.com" <leanbackvids@...> | leanbackvids
September 12, 2005 | Post #22314 | Topic #22261

The feed has to be listed in the VlogMap database in order to be tracked. Sorry, but I don't see feeds.feedburner.com/agringoinmexico in the database. so it was Please email me offline if these feeds are already listed in VlogMap, but I do not see --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Nelson" <jack@b...> wrote: > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "LeanBackVids.com" <leanbackvids@g...> wrote: > > You can also access stats using the FeedBurner Awareness API. Check > > out a beta project I just launched... > > > > http://www.vlogmap.org/feedburner/ > > This very cool. I'm wondering why one of my blogs shows up and another (the one that > has way more subscribers according to Feedburner) does't. > > Shows up: droppedframes.blogspot.com circulation of 27 as of Monday 10:06 CDT > > Doesn't show: agringoinmexico.blogspot.com should show a circ of about 51 > > I'm not obsessing about rank, really I'm not (he says nervously), I'm just wondering if I > have something set wrong > > Jack [View]



Re: Feedburner Counter Oddness

By LeanBackVids.com | "LeanBackVids.com" <leanbackvids@...> | leanbackvids
September 12, 2005 | Post #22315 | Topic #22261

Sorry hit the button before I was finished writing. Now I'm out of words. -- Matt --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "LeanBackVids.com" <leanbackvids@g...> wrote: > The feed has to be listed in the VlogMap database in order to be > tracked. Sorry, but I don't see feeds.feedburner.com/agringoinmexico > in the database. so it was > > Please email me offline if these feeds are already listed in VlogMap, > but I do not see > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Nelson" <jack@b...> wrote: > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "LeanBackVids.com" > <leanbackvids@g...> wrote: > > > You can also access stats using the FeedBurner Awareness API. Check > > > out a beta project I just launched... > > > > > > http://www.vlogmap.org/feedburner/ > > > > This very cool. I'm wondering why one of my blogs shows up and > another (the one that > > has way more subscribers according to Feedburner) does't. > > > > Shows up: droppedframes.blogspot.com circulation of 27 as of Monday > 10:06 CDT > > > > Doesn't show: agringoinmexico.blogspot.com should show a circ of > about 51 > > > > I'm not obsessing about rank, really I'm not (he says nervously), > I'm just wondering if I > > have something set wrong > > > > Jack [View]



Re: Feedburner Counter Oddness

By Jack Nelson | "Jack Nelson" <jack@...> | mexiculture
September 13, 2005 | Post #22317 | Topic #22261

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "LeanBackVids.com" <leanbackvids@g...> wrote: > The feed has to be listed in the VlogMap database in order to be > tracked. Sorry, but I don't see feeds.feedburner.com/agringoinmexico > in the database. so it was > > Please email me offline if these feeds are already listed in VlogMap, > but I do not see duh, I feel pretty stupid. I only listed one feed in vlogmap since they both originate from the same location. OK, thanks for the quick response Jack [View]



Re: Feedburner Counter Oddness

By straydogma | "straydogma" <bill@...> | straydogma
September 13, 2005 | Post #22358 | Topic #22261

Yeah no shit this is awesome! I was always curious as to what the circulation of the "big names" in the group were. I could never figure out what the "click through" number means. Are those people who just download a show from the feed link but don't actually subscribe? I could never figure that out. Also I've been trying to figure a way to reconcile the numbers that my host gives me for traffic and the numbers that feedburner gives me. Does anyone have any clue about this? I know for a fact that I have a lot more people that just download content from my site that never subscribe, but I am just guessing as to the numbers. I've also started posting something about subscribing to my feed in the text portion of every post I make. I call it a "video podcast" because there seems to be more awareness about ther term podcast than vlog, or v-blog or video blog. And I figured I might capitalize on the whole itunes podcasting thing. I have to be honest too, I really don't like the word "blog" for a number of reasons. Bill lofistl.com --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Devlon <duthied@g...> wrote: > This is very, very cool Matt. > > Thanks. > > On 9/12/05, LeanBackVids.com <leanbackvids@g...> wrote: > > > > You can also access stats using the FeedBurner Awareness API. Check > > out a beta project I... [View]



Re: Feedburner Counter Oddness

By johngaltsjournal | "johngaltsjournal" <schlomo@...> | johngaltsjournal
September 13, 2005 | Post #22359 | Topic #22261

All I know is that I'm sandwiched between Anti and Clark ov Saturn-- which is some of the best company I can think of! I'm proud to be a list-bridge between those two anyday. schlomo http://webzine2005.com http://schlomolog.blogspot.com --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Adam Quirk <bullemhead@g...> wrote: > It is a cool feature, but although 70% of vloggers use feedburner, there are > those of us who don't. > I know you didn't build it to show an accurate representation of vlogger > popularity, so I guess I'll shut up now. > > It's hella cool. I wish I knew how to use all these API's I'm always hearin' > about. > > -- > _____ Quirk > _____ Bullemhead.com <http://Bullemhead.com&gt; [View]